Veterans Legal Assistance
Volunteer Legal Services Hawaiʻi works with Volunteer Attorneys in providing legal assistance to low to moderate income Hawaiʻi veterans who would like assistance filing for benefits and pension claims with the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (based on volunteer availability; representation cannot be guaranteed).
- Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests for records;
- VA disability benefits applications;
- VA disability benefits appeals; and
- All other civil legal assistance programs at Volunteer Legal Services Hawaiʻi.
- Hawaiʻi Resident;
- Veteran or Dependent of Veteran; and
- Meet all other Volunteer Legal Services Hawaiʻi income and asset limits.